The Westmoreland Group is seeking a Senior Research Analyst to provide financial, programmatic, technical, and research support for basic and applied laboratory research program and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) outreach at the Office of Naval Research (ONR) in Arlington, VA. This is a part time position with a possible 960 labor hours per year.
The Senior Research Analyst position supports Code 34, Warfighter Performance that provides opportunities for research in enhancing warfighter effectiveness and efficiency through bioengineered and bio robotic systems, medical technologies, improved manpower, personnel, training and system design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Candidate will assist in the overall management of programs. Includes assisting in developing program plans, strategies, metrics to identify improvements, and budgets. Organize information associated with product development and transition of research to prototyping, field-testing, and acquisition.
· Prepare and draft analyses, presentations, speeches, and reports relative to project and program management goals, objectives and results. Assist in reviewing program status reports and assess progress.
· Develop documentation necessary to support the ac370quisition, funding, monitoring and close-out of contracts and grants.
· Schedule and attend program preliminary and critical design reviews, program technical and financial reviews, and key demonstrations or tests.
· Develop capability and technology road maps.
· Draft responses to internal and external communications on programmatic and financial matters.
· Assist in the development of marketing materials such as posters, briefings, webpage content, to include graphics support and production of materials.
· Identify and review emerging requirements and opportunities for transition in areas related to client objectives for selected technology programs.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Master’s degree or higher from an accredited college/university in relevant scientific and engineering areas. Biology, Biomedicine, Biochemistry, Nanobiology, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Human-Systems Integration/Human Factors, Neuroscience, Physiology, Exercise Science, Psychology, or Sociology.
· Experience attending scientific and engineering (S&E) meetings.
· Experience participating in Science & Engineering (S&E) discussions, analyzing and evaluating the S&E content of research, proposals, and assisting in drafting written responses to S&E -related inquiries
· Experience in assisting with coordinating research collaborations with academia, federal government agencies, industry, or internal organization.
· Demonstrated experience with Navy and/or Marine Corps related operational activities
· Active Secret Clearance or Interim Secret Clearance
Send resume and cover letter to:
The Westmoreland Group offers a comprehensive benefits package. Competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, and work-life balance create a diverse and supportive workplace.
· Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
· Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
· Retirement Plan
· Insurance: Basic Life
· Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
· Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
· Program Performance Reviews – Bonus Eligible
· Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
· Employee Referral Program
· Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Westmoreland Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.